To implement the National Strategy for Creating a Barrier-Free Space in Ukraine, a safe barrier-free space for people with disabilities has been created in the State Institution "TMA of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the city of Kyiv and Kyiv region", namely
- ramps were installed at the entrance to the institution;
- call buttons for medical staff were installed at the entrances of the institution;
- Braille signs were installed at the entrance to the outpatient clinic and inpatient hospital;
- accessible entrance to the hospital building for people with disabilities;
- parking spaces for people with disabilities were arranged;
- Signs and directional signs were installed in the clinic and hospital premises;
- unimpeded movement of people with disabilities through the corridors of the institution;
- Installed threshold-free doors in buildings;
- Warning lines on the stairs were installed;
- a tracked stair lift is available;
- passenger and freight lifts with access to any floor of the institution for people with disabilities;
- accessible lifts with a descent to the air raid shelter;
- inclusive toilets are equipped;
- Comfortable waiting areas are arranged.
Creating barrier-free conditions for people with disabilities and people with limited mobility is important in the modern world, because everyone, regardless of their physical or mental abilities, has the right to equal opportunities. A barrier-free environment provides equal access to basic services, social opportunities, and public spaces.
The State Institution "MIA of Ukraine in the City of Kyiv and Kyiv Region" regularly conducts training for medical staff, where they are taught the rules of communication, ethics, and deontology. The facility employs a sympathetic, highly qualified staff that is always ready to help. The goal of the institution is to create the most comfortable conditions for all categories of patients, so work continues to improve service conditions and create equal opportunities.